One-Sided Love Can Have A Happy Ending
20.30It's never easy to bury your one-sided love. Especially when you've been holding it for years or you see or hear from this person often. You start to confuse whether you just care because you're a nice person or you are secretly still have it. I remembered that feeling when watching Korean Drama 'Jealousy Incarnate'.
This drama was different from other drama in someway because I don't fall for the second lead. Not that he was not interesting nor that he had an unattractive character. Maybe it was because I just know that the feeling won't fade that easy. I know that he was just a distractor. Well, it was sad, I know, since he was not less lonely than the first lead.
I remember, I had a crush on this guy for a very long time. I was unsure why I liked this guy a lot. I didn't even remember his face clearly, to be honest, since we barely met after we left high school. But, there was something in this guy that held me for so long. I missed him every day.
One day, I told myself, "This is not healthy. We barely meet, we barely talk, yet my mind is always preoccupied by him. I think I need a doctor." "Or you need a distractor," said my friend.
I tried to go easy on myself and enjoy my life. Whenever I started to think of him, I distracted myself. I got myself a company, hung out with my friends, and so on. And one day, there came the other guy who made me finally felt loved. I planned to keep this other guy around.
But then, the first guy came around. And all the walls I had built fell apart. I knew he did not come back 'for me'. But, I just couldn't resist it. Even when I tried my best to throw away my one-sided love, I still fall for him. Over again.
Fortunately, the love has two wings. He loves me back. And now this guy is my man. My husband.
I do remember his face now because I see him everyday. And I do remember what makes me keep coming back for him, longing for him. It's our talk. We can talk about every thing, literally every thing, and never lose the excitement to listen to each other.

0 comments